- 1 cup of rolled oats
- 3/4 cup of white spelt flour
- 1/2 cup of desiccated coconut
- 1/3 cup of coconut sugar
- 2 tablespoons of maple syrup
- 4 tablespoons of oil – coconut or cold pressed nut oil such as macadamia nut oil
- 1/2 teaspoon of bicarb soda
- 3 tablespoons of boiling water
- ¼ teaspoon of vanilla bean paste
For a gluten-free option substitute rolled oats for quinoa flakes and spelt flour for gluten-free flour
Preheat oven to 160 degrees.
Combined wet ingredients in a small saucepan and cook over a low heat until the sugar is dissolved – oil, sugar, maple syrup, and vanilla.
Combined wet ingredients in a small saucepan and cook over a low heat until the sugar is dissolved – oil, sugar, maple syrup and vanilla.
Remove saucepan from the heat and add the baking powder and boiling water.
Combine wet ingredients with the dry ingredients and cacao nibs.
Roll mixture into teaspoon-sized balls and place on a lined baking tray. Press on top with a fork to slightly flatten and bake for 12 – 15 minutes until golden.
Cool and enjoy.